An unofficial blog that watches Google's attempts to move your operating system online since 2005. Not affiliated with Google.

Send your tips to

August 25, 2008

Marriage Proposal in Google Street View

"My name is Michael Weiss-Malik, and I work for Google. I don't work on the Street View team, but I interact with them pretty regularly. They decided to coordinate a pre-announced Street View run outside Google's Mountain View offices, with the idea that Googlers could line up along the street and appear in the imagery. So I put together my "Proposal 2.0" billboard and showed up, hoping that it'd be readily visible. And it was," explains Michael on his site.

The image has been added on August 5 and it shows eclectic messages like "Proposal 2.0: Marry me, Leslie", "Hi mom" or "I love Street View".

View Larger Map

{ via Neatorama }


  1. Why didn't it blur out all the faces? I thought Google was concerned about privacy.


  2. haha Innovative Thinking 2.0 :))

  3. haha

    The first man in the world that propose with google maps

    i hope she said YES!


  4. She said yes. I'm just glad he wasn't a stalker and doing it out of despair after she first said No. His site goes into more detail.

  5. Hi, this scrollable picture is cool. I'm not much of a techie, but could you (at your spare time), give me a few pointers to do this scrollable picture?

    Thanks a lot,

  6. This is cool.
    All the best for both.

  7. lol at man dressed in Zelda outfit on the next frame forward

  8. no boobies /sadpanda